Monday, November 2, 2009

I'm a couple of days late on this post, but I think you'll all forgive me when you see what I have found for you! This is my first Awesome Product review, and I don't think it gets more awesome than this.

If you're not a Weird Al fan, I forgive you. The good news is that I have enough Weird Al love in my heart for all of you unfortunates. The better news is that Weird Al has released a comprehensive anthology of his work, so people who haven't been listening to his music for the last 30 years can catch up with the rest of us.

You can learn about the anthology and see an interview with the king of parodies here. Isn't he cute? Isn't that smile just dreamy? Did you tear up a little when he mentioned his wife? I know I did. (What does he see in her, anyway?)

Why are you looking at me like I'm joking? I know I'm a humorist, but I take my Alfred Matthew Yankovic devotion very, very seriously. Mr. Yankovic has been, at times, my inspiration, my secret friend, and my muse. His music, the parodies and the original work, have been on the top of my coping skills list through some of my toughest trials.

There's a reason Weird Al has outlasted many of the artists he's parodied. He's a genius. (That's not a throwaway term. His IQ is worthy of MENSA.) His sharp wit and timely parodies entertain long after the original song is forgotten. I have absolutely no desire to slog through R. Kelly's bloated and ridiculous "Trapped in the Closet," but I could listen to Al's spot on parody, "Trapped in the Drive Thru," over and over again (and I have!).

You can order the 2 disc set on Weird Al's site. I highly recommend it. And if you're wondering what to get your favorite blogger for Christmas...

Never mind. His wife probably wouldn't go for it. (What does he see in her, anyway?)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to represent for Weird Al! You go, girl!

Weird Al is indeed awesome. His wife, Suzanne, is a sweetheart too, BTW. And she can balance a spoon on her nose.
~OE

Sarah Braudaway-Clark said...

You said her name! Aaaaaahhhhhh!

Carrie Snider said...

You totally just saved Christmas. My husband will be thanking me for years to come! This may be the perfect bargaining chip for the future... "I got you that CD so you can... do the dishes!"