Sunday, January 24, 2010

Mother Load Carnival of Writers: Edition 1

Hello and welcome to the inaugural edition of The Mother Load Carnival of Writers!  For those not in the know (I wasn't until a few months ago), blog carnivals are regular round ups of the best blogging on the web.  I've been able to gain quite a bit of exposure for The Mother Load through blog carnivals (for instance, feminist carnivals LOVED the Pretty Pushers review).  Hosting my own carnival is my way of giving back to my fellow bloggers, so take some time every Sunday to experience the writing of others.  Since my carnival is open to all writers, both professional and aspiring, you'll find a wide variety of blog topics in these posts.

On to today's carnival!

BWL presents Should We Pay Off Our Home Early? posted at Christian Personal Finance.  This is a must read for anyone interested in getting out of debt.

Terence Gillespie offers inspiration for writers in 100 Movies for Writers & Creators posted at Your Optimal Blog.

Peta Jinnath Andersen presents Finding Your Voice: Reading Aloud posted at *Insert Literary Blog Name Here*  If you're a writer or want to be, this post contains excellent advice.  I will be using it myself.

Alex presents Free Printable Valentines Cards posted at Home Life Weekly just in time for the holiday.  If you get one of these cards from me, know that I only give the free ones to the people I really like.

Madeleine Begun Kane presents Vintage Wisdom posted at Mad Kane's Humor Blog.  This is funny stuff, even if you're a teetotaler like me!

Sam presents a thorough and informative post: How to Prepare for a Job Interview posted at Surfer Sam and Friends.

That's the carnival for today. Hope you enjoyed it.  Next week, maybe I'll bring some kettle corn and funnel cakes.

1 comments:

Peta Jinnath Andersen said...

This looks like a great first outing! Thanks for including me. =c)

Off to read the rest...