Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Stupid Awesome Product: Booty Pop Panties

So, it's happened again.  I've been given a product idea and I just can't decide if it's a Stupid Product or an Awesome Product.  The first time this happened, I was reviewing the P-Mate, a paper urinal for women.  Today, the product that defies my usual sound judgment is the Booty Pop Panty. Surprisingly, they're panties that make your booty pop. (Who knew?)

Maybe you've seen the booty popping commercial.



Do you remember when I reviewed the Kush, that strange little plastic cylinder meant to separate a woman's breasts for sleeping?  Remember how I said I didn't have a large enough chest to ever need a product like that?  Well the reverse is true of Booty Pop Panties.  I still don't need them, but not because God deprived me of anything in the booty area.  I've been so amply blessed down there that if I wore a pair of Booty Pop Panties, they'd have to call them Booty Explosion.

Here's what I think qualifies this as a Stupid Product: 
- The name.  The more I say it, the more awkward I feel.  I know it makes things pretty self explanatory, but I can't get the image of a flashy dancer popping her rear like she's having a grand mal seizure out of my head.  I thought about posting a video of what I'm talking about, but even looking at the pictures on youtube makes me a little queasy.  Ladies! Tuck you butts back in.  No one needs to see that.  Thanks.
- The fact that women think they need this.  It's nice that butts are in again, but really...can't we all just be happy the way we are?
- The assumption that all women want a booty like that.  Maybe there are hordes of women out there who are perfectly happy with their flat butts, thankyouverymuch!

And here's what I think qualifies this as an Awesome Product:
- Whether or not I agree with it, many women aren't happy with their bodies.  The makers of this product were alarmed by rising plastic surgery rates and created an alternative.  I can get behind that.  (You would have gone for the cheap joke too.  Don't try to deny it.)
- As much as I like to pontificate about the need to be happy as we are, I do wear a padded bra--not because I want attention, but because I want my clothes to fit!  I can see that someone could buy Booty Pop Panties for the same reason.
- As a people watcher, knowing this product is on the market gives me one more thing to watch for.  I've seen pictures of women trying to wear these panties in a tight dress, and ladies, it's not pretty.  I will be watching for crazy obvious Booty Popped booties from now on, and that, my friends, is all kinds of awesome.

(Thanks to Jenn P. for the Stupid Awesome Product idea.  Jenn, I think your booty is just fine the way it is...not that I've been looking or anything...)

0 comments: