Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Stupid Product: The Easy Toothbrush

Sometimes, I happen upon a product that makes me wonder if the people who made it really think we Americans are brainless morons who will buy anything they see peddled on TV. Then I remember that thousands of people have bought Snuggies, and then commercials like this suddenly make sense.



I feel the need to poll my readers.  Have any of you ever hurt yourself while brushing your teeth?  Is there even ONE Mother Load reader who has experienced a toothbrush related injury?  Hello?  Anyone?  Anyone?

I keep watching this video over and over in the hopes that I can figure out what this poor girl is doing that would make her dental care so inexplicably dangerous and painful.  The only thing I can imagine is that she has a rogue toothbrush on her hands, undoubtedly possessed by the angry ghost of her former dentist, and it didn't like the dirty look she gave it at the beginning of the ad.

Am I the only one who looks at this thing and thinks, "Um, buddy...that's not round?"  At best, it's an oval shaped toothbrush for a round mouth, but if I had to bet my life on it, I'd say that sucker is diamond shaped.  And maybe I'm splitting hairs here, but if the shape is so important, shouldn't it be a tooth shaped toothbrush for tooth shaped teeth?  I mean, I don't send my kids to the bathroom to brush their mouths...

And I think it's worth saying that I don't see anything remarkably easy about this product. I mean, the girl puts the toothbrush in her mouth and brushes her teeth the same way every person with a normal toothbrush brushes his or her teeth.  It's not really a tough job.

I don't know...maybe you're the kind of person who finds dental care a death defying feat that fills you with dread two times a day.  Maybe you're tired of taking your life in your hands and straining against all odds in your fight against plaque.  Maybe the Easy Toothbrush is just the toothbrush for you.  If it is, feel free to buy it and send me pictures.

I've never met anyone with a diamond shaped mouth.

0 comments: