Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The nearer we get to Mother's Day and Father's Day, the more I think about my upbringing and realize that my parents didn't do such a bad job.  I learned to work hard and help others.  I learned to value an education and persevere in my studies.  I learned to be a good citizen of the world.

All of those things are important, but they pale in comparison to the most important lesson I learned at the feet of my parents: that Monty Python is the cure for all ills.

Got a flesh wound? Watch some Monty Python!

Misplaced your recipe for spam, spam, spam, eggs, and spam?  Watch some Monty Python!

Need to develop your silly walk?  Watch some Monty Python!

Been accused of witchcraft?  Watch some Monty Python and try to weigh more than a duck.

Mom...Dad...and Dad #2, thank you for the gift of dry, irreverent British humor.  Where would I be without it?  (Not in Camelot...tis a silly place.)

In honor of my parents, I pass along the gift of Monty Python to my readers.  Surprisingly, I hadn't seen this sketch prior to last night.  I believe it may beat out the pantomime horse fight to the death sketch as my all time favorite.

Enjoy!

0 comments: