Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Stupid Product: The Twirling Spaghetti Fork

There are times when I review a product and think pioneers must be rolling in their graves over the laziness of the people of today.  Our progenitors lived a life of work from sun up to sun down without the modern conveniences of our world, and while I think a ghost of one of my progenitors would graciously agree that my dishwasher and microwave are essential appliances for a mother as busy as I am, I can't say she'd be so forgiving of what I'm about to share with you. 

Yes, today's product is something no ancestor could ever condone.  Honestly, if that ghost were to ever find me in possession of today's Stupid Product, the Twirling Spaghetti Fork,  I would burst into shameful tears and beg her not to think me a black mark on the family name.  There's convenience and then there's just plain laziness.

The Twirling Spaghetti Fork is exactly what it sounds like it is: a motorized fork that twirls your spaghetti for you, because, you now...twirling spaghetti is ridiculously hard work.  I know the last time I served pasta, my family was exhausted for days.  I think I even pulled a muscle or something.  I know I went to sleep (after crawling laboriously to my bed and deciding to sleep on the floor rather than pull myself up to its height) praying to the heavens for a way to make twirling spaghetti a little easier.

I should interject that I do believe there is a segment of the population which could benefit from a product like this.  I know many people with arthritis and carpal tunnel syndrome who might have a hard time with the twisting motion necessary to twirl spaghetti on a fork.  I was ready to give the product semi Awesome status for that reason, alone.  That was until I saw this:



Twirling Spaghetti Fork makers, if you're going to make a product that will be of benefit to only a small portion of the people of earth and require them to buy their own batteries to operate it, you could at least make it work.  It's a lot to ask, I know, but come on!  Someday, I'll have arthritis AND carpal tunnel from all this typing, and I have a ghost to impress!

0 comments: