Thursday, July 8, 2010

Awesome Product: Cami Secret

Yesterday's Stupid Product was a bit too revealing (and by a bit, I mean, "Gaaaaaaah!"), so I've given you the opposite for today's Awesome Product, the Cami Secret, a sweet, new product that helps women cover up (when they want or need to) in style without having to wear an entire camisole.

Just look at it.  It's camazing!  (Did you see...the pun...you know...camisole/amazing...camazing?  Not working for you.  Okay.  Moving on.)


You may laugh at the way this commercial, in typical, As Seen on TV style, shows our protagonist struggling mightily with common things like tank tops and safety pins, but I'm here to tell you that this was me last Christmas. I bought a gorgeous new dress with my birthday money and decided to wear it during the Sunday Christmas program I was directing. I spent one very uncomfortable hour fiddling with the front of my dress in front of the entire congregation.

If there's ever a time you're not interested in showing a bunch of cleavage, the church Christmas program is one of them. Had someone handed me a Cami Secret that day, I would have turned away from the congregation and snapped it to my bra immediately and without apology. (The choir I direct would have been scandalized, but there are fewer of them, and they're extraordinarily nice people, so there you go.)

I've wanted to get on the camisole bandwagon ever since it started, but I haven't had the funds, and I haven't wanted to wear two shirts. The bandwagon started when I lived in St. George, UT, a place where wearing more than one top would lead to almost certain death in any month other than December. (I exaggerate, but not by much.) Even now, in Salt Lake City, where the summers are not nearly as scream inducing, I still don't want to wear an extra shirt if I can help it.

The Cami Secret seems like it would meet all of my needs. And I can't stress this enough, but it's seriously CHEAP! Sure, there are likely some of you out there who could make your own for even less. My hat is off to you. I am not one of you, but I admire you from afar. For the rest of us, Cami Secret is a smoking good deal on a really great product.

And now, my brain is cleansed of the Bikini Pants.  Thanks, Cami Secret!

(Thanks to Olivia, of Eagle Mountain, UT, for the heads up on today's Awesome Product!)

0 comments: