Monday, July 5, 2010

Outrageous News: My Brother is 30.

Today's Outrageous News story is a bit of a departure from the norm in that it didn't come from a national or even a local news site.  It is, however, THE most Outrageous News of the day, and I say that knowing full well that Lady Gaga is likely on the loose, wearing and doing something ridiculous.

Mother Load readers, my baby brother, Mikey, turned 30 today.

I can't believe I just wrote that.  I took one look at those words and promptly pointed my index finger in my own face and shouted at myself that it's not nice to lie.  Surely a human being called "Mikey" could not be in his third decade of life.  It's too silly to even think about.

And just look at him.  Does this look like a 30 year old to you? (He's the little one in the middle.)



Okay, okay. So he looks like this now.























And that woman he's hanging on to is his wife.



Okay, fine, if you want to get technical, he's also a father, and the U.S. government has trusted him to protect our freedoms.  This bumps him into the adult category, for sure. But seriously, 30? That's just Outrageous, and I won't stand for it.  I'm thinking I'll start a petition.  Who's with me?

Anyone?  Anyone?

(Thanks to Mike(y) Z., currently in Germany with his beautiful family, for being one of the brave men who work to keep our country free.  I love you, and I'm proud of you.  Happy Birthday.  You'll always be 13 to me, no matter how old you think you're allowed to get.)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah,

I am with you on the petition. This has got to be the coolest, and most thoughtful birthday comment I have ever had. Thank you so much for the blog about me, I think that it was really awesome. You know it is funny, I seem to get older, yet I still feel like that 13 year old in my head. I can't let go, nor do I want to. I still wish I could go back to Kingsville and go back to the summer of 1992 when we moved here. It was only us, and I wish I could do it again. We could have had so much more fun. Sarah, you are a wonderful sister and I am very lucky to call you just that, "my sister." I too am proud of you and think that you and I are a lot alike. Let's keep in contact better. I am happier that way. Again, thanks a ton. You really made my day. I love you, and can't wait to come back to the U.S.A soon enough. I would love to come and see you and your entire family. They certainly are a beautiful bunch. Take care. -Love, Mikey (The 30 year old 13 year old dude, :-) )