Monday, August 2, 2010

What I Learned Today: The Hysterectomy Edition.

Photobucket

I learned that the most painful part of my surgical experience was taking off my wedding ring. (What are you talking about? It fits just fine as long as I leave it where it is.)

Photobucket

I learned that these are the best part of any hospital stay.

Photobucket

And that this is the best "waiting to be wheeled into the operating room" game.

Photobucket

I learned that hospitals now have the Coca Cola hook up...and I should have been asking for more than just ice chips and pudding.

Photobucket

I learned that pre-surgery jitters would make me think I could find a joke about this.  (Alas, post surgery brain power has been lacking.)

Photobucket

I learned why the chicken at the hospital tastes like Tasty Wheat.

Photobucket

And where they send the soiled utility staff.

Photobucket

I learned that my hallway looked like every other hallway on the floor.

Photobucket

And that this didn't help me find my way back to my room.

Photobucket

I learned that in hospitals, spelling is relative.

Photobucket

And that this is the reason I'm happy not to have TV at home.

Photobucket

I learned that broken things don't work. (Who knew?)

Photobucket

And finally, I learned that my bosses and coworkers at Datawise know exactly what a girl needs when she gets home from the hospital. Also, that one of these lasts exactly 4.2 minutes in my house.

0 comments: