Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Author's note: All of this week's "What I Learned Today" posts involve our recent trip to Texas for Christmas.  Today's pictures feature a love for all the ages...a love that has been unfulfilled and unrequited since this blogger moved from Texas to Utah more than a decade and a half ago.  Readers, I'm talking about Whataburger.  That's pronounced "Watt-a-burger," and I'll thank you to observe a moment of silence in its honor.  The other love of my life featured below is 96 and just the same as I've always known her to be.  I'm pleased to introduce you to my Grandma Crisp.  Wipe your feet and put a smile on your face for her, will ya?



Photobucket

Mom, on the way to Wimberly, I learned that my insistence that we eat at a Whataburger is a sign of self love.


Photobucket

The fact that my children got to enjoy this masterpiece of fast food perfection is a sign of good parenting.


Photobucket

The fact that they understood immediately how blessed and special they were to be brought to this place is a sign that they got their brains from my side of the family.

Photobucket

Carla's happy dance outside the restaurant is probably just a sign that she's Carla, but I like to think it was Whataburger related.


Photobucket

Once in Wimberly, I learned that Grandma Crisp is still the prettiest Grandma in all of Texas.


Photobucket

And that despite being 96, she's not afraid of newfangled technology.


Photobucket 

My dad, on the other hand...   (Note to readers: This is how he reacts to most cameras, newfangled or not.)

1 comments:

Jamie said...

I totally understand. Love Wimberly AND WhatABurger. Live in Louisiana but would rather be in Wimberly or Utah.
Jamie