Tuesday, January 25, 2011

You've Gotta See This: Dot Dot Dot - Animated

There's a bit of a back story behind today's piece of YouTube fun and wonderment.  Back in 2009, a fellow by the name (screen name?) of Rhete created an online game he called Super PSTW Action RPG on the website newgrounds.com.  PSTW stands for "Press Space Bar to Win," and indeed, pressing the space bar repeatedly is all anyone needs to do to "win" this game.  It's a bit of silliness on the internet, a fine way to pass a few stolen minutes.

In February 2010, a person going by the name "axman13" played the game and offered up an angry review of it, complete with all the elements used by most internet trolls: spelling errors, random punctuation, vitriol, and general idiocy.  A day later, the review landed online as a recorded "dramatic reading" called "Dot Dot Dot".  Earlier this month, someone saw fit to create animation to go along with the reading, and today, I decided to post it on my blog because it's funny.

There you have it.  Gamers gonna game, trollers gonna troll, bloggers gonna blog.

2 comments:

Stephanie C. said...

This is hilarious!

Christine said...

Oh my goodness! I am so glad I watched. Mad me laf so herd!! Now I need to watch again.

Thanks, Sarah!