Tuesday, January 4, 2011

You've Gotta See This: Man Cold.

 I've had today's video in the "You've Gotta See This" queue for months now, always planning to post it but setting it aside and posting something else in its place. In the meantime, I've watched it several times, and I don't think I will ever get sick of it. (Heh...sick...see what I did there?)

This little gem came to me as part of a discussion of online friends about how our husbands act while they're sick vs what they expect from us when we're sick.  Apparently, way too many of my friends have husbands who regress to a near infantile state when they're ill but who expect a clean house and a hot dinner even when their wives are on death's door.  This is not cool.

What is cool is this video, parodying this very thing.  Let the record show that I believe this clip is true of many men, but it does not apply to all men.  My own husband takes a "sleep it off" approach to illness, and I hardly hear from him until he's better.  He's also been known to leave work to come home and care for me when I'm ill.  That doesn't lessen the hilarity of the video for me, though it does heighten my sense of compassion for my womanly friends who have to put up with this kind of thing. 

To all the women out there in readerland who deal with sick husbands like this, call me next time. We'll go get pedicures.

0 comments: