Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The vast majority of my readers were not my readers back in January 2010, when Richard and I traveled to Denver, CO, to attend Dani Johnson's First Steps to Success Seminar. You weren't my readers when I profiled her War on Debt program as an Awesome Product on this blog.  You weren't my readers when I took the steps to change my life for the better by plugging into what she taught us.

You're my readers now because of her.  You found The Mother Load because of what I learned from Dani Johnson at that seminar.  Before attending that seminar, I was a former newspaper columnist and a reluctant blogger who hoped maybe someday, somehow, people would find my writing and enjoy it.  When I left, I was a professional blogger ready and able to take the blogging world by storm.  All of you are evidence that it's working. It's happening.  I'm doing it!

When I learned, via Dani's Facebook fan page, that she would be appearing on a new show called "Secret Millionaire", I had one of those very rare moments when I wished we were a TV watching family. Fortunately for me, the full Secret Millionaire episode featuring Dani Johnson is available on her site, so we will be sitting down as a family this week to watch it.

If you didn't have a chance to see the show, you can check out Dani's appearance on "The View" below.  You can find a link to her fan page on my own Facebook fan page.

I saw someone on Facebook comment that without the cameras on them, the millionaires on this show might not be as willing to part with their money. I can't speak for anyone else lined up for this season, but I can say with a surety that Dani Johnson didn't need a reality show and publicity to give away her money.  She does it all the time.  Long before the cameras were on her, I sat in a convention center and listened to her share her incredibly passionate belief that if you aren't willing to give, you don't deserve to gain.  I walked away with a renewed commitment to give now, whatever I can, and to seek for more only with the intention to give more.

This woman has my respect and my admiration, and most of all, she has my gratitude for the impact she's had on my life.  I'm excited that her voice is being heard by even more people, and her message of generosity is being spread through this show.

0 comments: