Monday, March 14, 2011

Non Outrageous News: Help for Japan

Hello, readers.  There is sure to be something funny in the news today, but I think our friends in Japan are more important than that.  So, if you'll allow me, I'd just like to take a moment to encourage all of you to give what you can to help in the relief efforts there.  If you have a little money you can spare, and I do believe all of us do, there are several reputable organizations that can direct your funds to the places where they are most needed.

Time.com is running a piece by writer Megan Gibson on what you can do to help the people of Japan, complete with direct links to these charities.  The video below lists many of those organizations, along with others.  CBS has a news piece up on YouTube on how to avoid charity scams as you try to help.

That's all I have today.  Let's do some good.

0 comments: